Terms and Conditions
The use of this site is governed by the policies, terms and conditions set forth below. Please read them carefully. Your use of this site indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Your placement of an order indicates your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Your submittal of any purchase order to detectorsdownunder.com indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions shall supersede any subsequent terms or conditions included with any purchase order, whether or not such terms or conditions are signed by Detectors Down Under.
Detectors Down Under reserves the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
By ordering or registering on detectorsdownunder.com you grant us the right to add your contact details to our database and email transactional order, shipping and product review emails. From time to time we may contact you about offers and new products. You can easily be removed by either unsubscribing via a link or contacting our Customer Service at [email protected] and we will remove you from marketing communications.
Order Acceptance Policy
Your receipt of an electronic or other form of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Detectors Down Under reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Detectors Down Under reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. All orders placed must obtain pre-approval with an acceptable method of payment, as established by our credit and fraud avoidance department. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. Detectors Down Under is a reseller to end user customers and does not accept orders from dealers, exporters, wholesalers, or other customers who intend to resell the products offered by Detectors Down Under.
Detectors Down Under is not liable for any losses or damages caused by this website or any website linked to or from this website. We reserve the right to refuse any order without giving reason. Upon cancellation of an order we will make all reasonable attempts to contact you using the details provided. All received monies will be refunded using the method received.
Shipping and Delivery
All orders are shipped with signature required on delivery. Detectors Down Under will only replace orders providing the order is proved lost in transit by our delivery company.
Certain factors such as order size, weight and shipping address require us to ship via multiple methods and carriers. Detectors Down Under reserves the right to use any shipping method with any carrier. Our main carriers are Australia Post and StarTrack, but other carriers may also be used.
The delivery times provided by Detectors Down Under are estimates only. Detectors Down Under will not be held accountable for late deliveries or loss or damage relating to late deliveries.
In the event that multiple items are ordered, part deliveries may be made where stock is not available. All reasonable attempts to notify you will be made using the details you provided. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you acknowledge all information set forth under our shipping pages.
The Order Comments (special instructions) box on the Order Review page in the checkout process, is used for any instructions to help the driver make delivery of your order (e.g. "Last house at end of driveway", "Office hours 9-5"). Drivers are unable to grant specific requests such as "Deliver between 1-2pm" or "Leave parcel in garden shed". Detectors Down Under cannot be held responsible if your instructions are not followed, nor can we complete any promo code requests entered in this field.
Charges may apply to large or bulky items.
30-day Hassle Free Return Policy
We are proud to offer a 30-Day Hassle-Free Return Policy on all of our products. We hope you are fully satisfied with any product you purchase from us, however, if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, and the item is eligible for return, you may qualify for a refund with our 30-Day Hassle-Free Return Policy. Products are eligible for a refund, exchange or store credit if returned within 30 days from date of purchase and meet the requirements below.
30-Day Hassle-Free Return Requirements:
- The customer has obtained the required Return Authorization Number prior to shipping any product back for a refund.
- There must not be any missing parts or damage to the product. All items must be in working order and include the manufacturer’s original blank warranty and instruction manual (if applicable).
- The product must be returned in original packaging with all manufacturer accessories and any free promotional items that were included with the original purchase (customers will be charged the full retail price for any missing or damaged accessories or free promotional items).
- The returned items must be sent back to the nearest location (Brisbane or Auckland) within 30 days from date of purchase (the customer is responsible for all return shipping, handling and insurance fees).
We will accept returns of faulty or defective items if they fall within the warranty period. Customers must contact Detectors Down Under prior to returning such items. If an item is faulty and we cannot supply a replacement or have the item repaired for you, you will be entitled to a refund or store credit. We will not provide a refund if the customer simply changes their mind or the customer finds the same item at lower price elsewhere after the purchase is complete.
All returns are subject to assessment. Refunds are at the sole discretion of Detectors Down Under and will only be given for pre-approved requests on our Returns page or by emailing Customer Service on [email protected] All items must have been purchased through Detectors Down Under. We will not accept items not purchased from Detectors Down Under. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If you receive a package with damaged products, please contact Detectors Down Under immediately on our Returns page or by email on [email protected] This will allow us to rectify the problem and get you replacement products as soon as possible.
If you feel that you have received the wrong product, please contact Detectors Down Under immediately on our Returns page or by email on [email protected] This will allow us to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
Change of Address
The shipping address for your order is shown in the checkout and on your order confirmation and shipping confirmation emails. In the event that an incorrect address was entered, address changes can only be made before the order begins processing. Detectors Down Under cannot accommodate all address change requests.
Detectors Down Under takes no responsibility for orders shipped to an incorrect or invalid address and is not liable for any loss associated.
All listed prices are in Australian Dollars and include Australian GST (Goods and Services Tax) of 10%. New Zealand orders are exempt from Australian GST, however may be charged New Zealand GST and other New Zealand custom clearance charges when being imported into New Zealand. These fees and charges are your responsibility.
Prices are subject to change without notice. All debit and credit cards are charged in Australian Dollars. There are no surcharges for paying with a credit card.
New Zealand customers only: if an item is added to the shopping cart and the shipping destination country is changed to New Zealand the pricing will automatically remove the GST component. If you then continue shopping prices will be displayed exclusive of GST.
Faulty Items and Warranty Information
All repairs are carried out by the manufacturer and not by Detectors Down Under. In some cases, faulty items cannot be repaired and a replacement or refund will be offered. Detectors Down Under cannot control the availability of parts of replacement goods.
Detectors Down Under has no control over manufacturer warranty periods, nor can we control repair periods and cannot advise what they will be. We will however do everything we can to ensure your faulty item is handled as quickly as possible and that you are informed throughout the process. In cases where you have returned goods directly to the manufacturer, Detectors Down Under cannot be held accountable for repair periods or communication from the manufacturer.
If notified before goods have been dispatched, Detectors Down Under can accommodate order cancellations. If items have been shipped, Detectors Down Under reserves the right to refuse order cancellation or charge a cancellation fee should we be able to request the return of the package from our delivery service.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
This site is owned and operated by Detectors Down Under. Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Detectors Down Under.
All software used on the site is the sole property of Detectors Down Under or those supplying the software.
You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose.
No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without Detectors Down Under prior written permission.
All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Any unauthorised use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, Detectors Down Under shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price.
Detectors Down Under shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged.
If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Detectors Down Under shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties.
You acknowledge that Detectors Down Under is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
Promotions & Gift Cards
- Promotions, discounts and promotional codes (collectively "Promotions") are valid for the specified time period for online purchases of merchandise only and may be used one time only unless otherwise stated.
- One time use Promotions must be used in their entirety in a single purchase. Any amounts not redeemed in the applicable purchase will be forfeited. Promotions cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Promotions do not apply to gift certificates, shipping, GST or duties or similar services.
- Promotions cannot be applied retroactively to previously placed orders or to orders that have been adjusted.
- For promotions requiring a minimum order size, charges for shipping and credits from gift certificates do not count towards the minimum order size requirement.
- For promotions where you must buy 1 (or more) item(s) to get a reduction on the second (additional) item(s), the discount will be applied at checkout to the lower priced item.
- If merchandise was purchased with a Promotion and subsequently returned, you will be issued a credit or refund at the promotional price and, if the Promotion has expired, it cannot then be applied to a replacement or future order.
- If you return a gift that was purchased with a Promotion and the Promotion has expired, you cannot apply the expired Promotion to a replacement or future order.
- Promotional items are available only while supplies last; Detectors Down Under does not issue rain checks for items that run out of stock.
- Detectors Down Under can, at its sole discretion, extend or terminate a Promotion at any time.
- Detectors Down Under has no obligation to advise an entrant of an incomplete or incorrect entry and will not be accountable for the return of any item ordered incorrectly.
- By claiming a promotional offer on your order, you agree that you have understood the terms and conditions of that promotion.
- All promotional spend levels and discounts are in Australian Dollars (AUD).
- Gift cards/coupons may not be combined with any other promotional offer and cannot be used in multiple quantities on a single order.