BEAR GRYLLS INTENSE TORCH
A high quality flashlight can mean the difference between finding your way back to the car and spending a long night 100 dark yards from the trail. Design by Gerber in collaboration with Bear Grylls, the Bear Grylls Intense Torch packs 140 lumens of bright light into a pocket-sized LED flashlight that weighs less than your smartphone. Several survival-minded features help to make it more than just a bright pocket light. The first thing you’ll notice, after its easy-to-see orange colour, is the triangular shape. Round flashlights can roll away on flat surfaces and slip out of wet hands. The Intense Torch won’t roll and it’s easy to grip. Since the conditions when you need an emergency light are often less than ideal, you’ll find the anodized aluminium casing includes a moulded rubber grip for optimum comfort and security in your hand, regardless of weather.
It’s an SOS Signal Beacon
A not so obvious but ingenious survival feature is the built-in SOS mode that flashes a bright 140-lumen SOS code with the push of a button. We hope you never need to test it, but if you do, the SOS feature should make you more visible to search and rescue crews on a cold, rainy night. The light has three additional brightness settings to suit your needs and help you meter battery use: 140 lumen high, 35 lumen medium and 17 lumen low. The low setting offers 17 hours of burn time, while the medium provides 8.5 hours and the high runs for 90 minutes. There’s also a momentary-on mode for when you just need a burst of light to locate something in your pack or to signal a partner.
LED Technology Uses Less Power
Thanks to LED technology, the Intense Torch does all of this with just two AA batteries (included). Its waterproof design protects it from rainy downpours and even an extended dip underwater. The handy wrist lanyard adds security and means you can hang the light in your tent for hands-free lighting. Simple and efficient in its design, the Intense Torch offers peace of mind—pack it whenever your travels include backcountry destinations.
- Anodized orange colour makes it easy to find amongst your gear
- Three-sided design conveniently stays put when set down or dropped
- Four brightness modes allow you to extend burn time and get the right light for the job
- Built-in SOS message beam delivers 140 lumens
- Waterproof construction keeps it safe for 30 minutes underwater (up to 1 meter in depth) and in a downpour
- Momentary-on push-button for signalling partners
- Convenient lanyard for security and hanging for hands-free lighting
- Lifetime warranty
- Comes with a copy of Bear Grylls “Priorities of Survival” Pocket Guide
- Overall Length: 5.98” (22.8cm)
- Weight: 3.89 oz. (110.3g)
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Detectors Down Under users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.